My favorite go-to dinner is Zucchini Parm. It is more of a lasagna, but either way it’s delicious, and it tastes even better as leftovers.
Preparation takes a bit of time but always rewarding. It helps a lot if you have a mandolin to cut the zucchini strips.
Ingredients: 2 1/2 medium zucchini 16 oz tomato sauce 1 lb sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese 1 egg 1/8 cup milk or water bread crumbs olive oil 9x9 in oven-safe pan
Pre-heat oven to 350°
1. Cut the ends of the zucchini and cut it in half, then slice it long ways into 1/4 in strips.
2. Whisk the egg and milk (or water) together and grease the pan with oil.
3. Dip each zucchini strip into the egg wash, then into the bread crumbs and place each strip into the pan, placing the first layer in 1 direction and the 2nd layer in the other.
4. Spread sauce over zucchini. Then rip a slice (or 2) or cheese into strips and place it onto of the sauce.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have used up all your zucchini. When you are finished add extra sauce and cheese to the top layer.
6. Put the pan into the preheated oven and turn the heat up to 400°. Bake for 25-30 mins.