The weather is warming up, but I promised my Butternut Squash recipe. Hopefully, there is a cold day lingering before spring is in full bloom. Otherwise, save this post for Winter 2013!
Ingredients 1 LB Butternut Squash cubed 1 small Onion chopped 1 1/2- 2 cups Chicken Stock 1 T Butter 2 1/2 oz heavy cream
1. Chop the onion and squash.
2. Add the chopped onion and butter to a saucepan large enough to fit all the ingredients. Cook on medium heat until the onion in translucent.
3. Add cubed butternut squash and 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock to the saucepan.
4. Simmer until the butternut squash is tender. About 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and spoon into a blender. Pureé the squash, onions and stock, then add the heavy cream. Add extra stock if needed.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!It is so easy, and so delicious!